Sunday, February 27, 2011

Corsets Cakes and Presents

Things are getting exciting for my Marie Antoinette room box. It is nearing completion.. That is saying a lot for me. I don't have too many finished projects of my own. I always feel guilty when working on personal mini projects.

This weekend I received news that my Marie doll is done and I should be getting her this week. Yippeeee!! I also got a wonderful gift in the mail. Dominique of http://minicurioscabinet.blogspot.com/ sent me two tiny and perfect pairs of shoes for Marie. Maybe i made a fool of myself gushing over them on here blog. heheh!! They are so very pretty.. I noticed she is selling shoes on etsy too: http://www.etsy.com/shop/humptydumptyhouse?ref=pr_shop_more



This is a dressed chase that I had decorated some time ago. It was a pretty cheep chair that I had redressed. I think she did a wonderful job. I have temporarily laid Marie's corsets, fans, and a masquerade mask on top. I am praying Marie will fit on the chair. If not I will have to find another chair and then I probably won't have room for this pretty chair in the room.


you can see the transformation here: http://bedsbykelly.com/customwork.html. Kelly does wonderful work.


These are the shape of the champagne glasses they use in the movie. One myth that floats around is that these glasses were shaped the same as Marie Marionette's breasts. You can read the links below to find out why that is NOT true.
http://www.snopes.com/business/origins/champagne.asp

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422720/goofs



I took a photo of my little BJD Griet with some of Marie's food. You can see a few of Todd Kruegers little Saplings too.
Many artists work in this photo.. Kathy Oberenski, Lary Tonetti, Jakie Dunn, English Kitchen.
Sweet stand by Ann Caesae of "The kitchen Captive" by Ann Caesae of "The kitchen Captive"

I had planned on making a sweet spread like this one. But with all the other cakes I have I don't think there will be room.. Well see how it goes when I actually start putting to room together.

I might try to make some gold leafed macaroons for her if I can find some space in the food spread.

I promise to get back to blogging about some of my creations this week. I have a lot of new things to show..

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! The shoes are awesome. I love your chase, I hope Marie fits. I can't wait to see Marie and this fabulous room box. Your sweets are beautiful :)

    Victoria ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Everything, in every one of these photos is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be one dazzling setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these Marie pieces are absolutely gorgeous - enough to make a girl swoon with delight! :) Thanks for the links too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Catherine!!!WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my just truly, truly wonderful! What fabulous presents too! I love Todd's little children and that teaset? Do you know the maker/supplier of it etc? English Kitchen does superb work, too bad most of it is only shown at shows. :o(

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoes are soooo pretty. I am so looking forward to seeing Marie. A gorgeous project to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you guys so very much.. I am so excited to almost have it done..
    Michelle.. I don't see a mark on the bottom of the tea plate. I think it was mass produced, but it really struck my fancy when I seen it. I am glad you noticed it too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the things are sooooooooooo great ,I love them .The food,the shoos and Kelly's bed is absolutely beautiful.Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful collection! Love the shoes and corsets and your BJD most.;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures and thank you. Still waiting for pictures of Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Ewa.. I secretly want to get another little Real Puki BJD:-) I was just on your blog and seen your BJD guy.. He is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so very much for your gift Dominique:-)

    ReplyDelete